We are the name to associate with when it comes to bulk orders of Ethylene Gas Cylinder from Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. For years, we have worked hard to maintain our goodwill as we offer durable products, and the offered products are widely demanded all over the world. Our pristine range of droppers is processed using premium raw materials and checked thoroughly for its quality.
Ethylene (IUPAC name: ethene) is a gaseous organic compound with the formula C2H4. It is the simplest alkene (older name: olefin from its oil-forming property). Because it contains a carbon-carbon double bond, ethylene is classified as an unsaturated hydrocarbon. Ethylene is widely used in industry and also has a role in biology as a hormon
- Ethylene shortens the shelf life of many fruits by hastening fruit ripening and floral senescence . Tomatoes , bananas and apples will ripen faster in the presence of ethylene. Bananas placed next to other fruits will produce enough ethylene to cause accelerated fruit ripening.
- Ethylene will shorten the shelf life of cut flowers and potted plants by accelerating floral senescence and floral abscission
- Flowers and plants which are subjected to stress during shipping, handling, or storage produce ethylene causing a significant reduction in floral display.
- Flowers affected by ethylene include carnation , geranium , petunia , rose , and many others.
- Ethylene can cause significant economic losses for florists, markets, suppliers, and growers.
- Commercial growers of bromeliads , including pineapple plants, use ethylene to induce flowering.
- Plants can be induced to flower either by treatment with the gas in a chamber, or by placing a banana peel next to the plant in an enclosed area.